Product Update: Mountain Corridor Notifications
We’re excited to announce a new product update to our Drivewyze Safety Notifications service!
If you haven’t heard of the Drivewyze Safety Notifications yet, you can learn more about it here. It’s a free add-on service available to for paid Drivewyze PreClear subscribers, that alerts drivers about upcoming high-risk areas on the road. Watch the video below to see how the service works.
On September 12th, Drivewyze Safety Notifications will be expanded to include Mountain Corridor notifications across the United States. Mountain passes can be risky, and truck drivers must pay attention to brake performance, gear usage, risky curves, and be prepared to use runaway ramps. Drivewyze alerts drivers throughout a mountain pass to keep them focused on driving smart and slow.
We originally released these notifications in Colorado, in conjunction with the CDOT ‘Mountain Rules’ campaign, and since then we’ve expanded our coverage. Mountain Pass Locations now include:
- Over 100 Safety Zones including passes with 5% downgrades or higher
- Coverage across US Interstates in 20 states, including:
- West Coast: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Washington and Wyoming
- East Coast: Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia
New types of Alerts now included in the Drivewyze Safety Notifications Service include:
- Brake Check warnings: Remind drivers to check their brakes at authorized pull-ins
- Steep Grade warnings: Guide drivers to use a lower gear, info on the length & grade, and special speed limits
- Runaway Truck Ramps: Remind drivers 1 mile ahead of ramp in case they lose their brakes
Customers already subscribed to Drivewyze Safety Notifications will get this update automatically. If you don’t have Drivewyze Safety Notifications yet and you’re interested in the service, contact your Customer Success Manager or visit this web page to get started.
See how Drivewyze Safety Notifications work: